Title: New year prayed
Winner: Ning Da
Tis the season to be jolly. And tis the season for the 5th annual Holiday Season contest. Wacom Asia Pacific again invites residents living in Southeast Asia, South Asia, Oceania, Taiwan and Korea to show us how you celebrate the holiday season in your culture and religion. Submit a digital photograph, painting, illustration, or graphic artwork with the “holiday season” theme and you’ll be eligible for valuable prizes. Share the joys of the holidays and help us celebrate this special time of year.
Contest Period: 10th Nov – 14th Jan, 2011(ends 11:59 pm, Tokyo time)
Theme: Season Greetings – Celebrate the holiday season!
*Note: All winners will be eligible for inclusion in Wacom advertising with artist credit, upon confirmation of hi-resolution photo.
|Rules: All submissions must abide by the contest and submission rules of the Wacom Community. In particular, submissions may not contain any nudity, adult situations, violence or other obscenities, and must be original. Submissions of fan art or other copyrighted images or characters will not be considered. Wacom reserves the right to reject, remove, and/or disqualify entries at its discretion.
Eligibility: All residents of Asia Pacific countries (does not include China, Hong Kong or Japan). Limited to one entry per person. No entry fee necessary.
Submission Deadline: Jan 14th, 2011 (Contest officially ends at midnight, Tokyo time. Please be aware of time differences when submitting.)
By submitting to this contest, participants have acknowledged that they have read and will abide by the rules of Wacom Community Contests. In particular, participants warrant and represent that their work does not infringe or violate any third party rights nor contain nudity or other inappropriate material, and that by submitting, they have granted Wacom the right to utilize submitted entries for promotional, marketing or any other activity that does not involve the direct sale of the artwork. For specific details, please see the Contest rules.
|Submission & Entry List|
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. APPLICABILITY: The rules and regulations laid out by this document are complementary to Wacom’s Submission Agreement and shall be applicable to all contests held by the Wacom Community, unless otherwise stated on the contest information sheets or elsewhere on the website. The Sponsor of all contests held by the Wacom Community is the Asia Pacific Division of Wacom Co., Ltd.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of countries and regions that come under the management of the Sponsor. These countries and regions include but are not limited to Australia, Brunei, Korea, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. China and Japan do not fall under the management of the Sponsor and residents from these countries may not be eligible to receive prizes. Employees of the Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and agents, and the foregoing employees’ household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter the Contest.
4. CONTEST DETAILS: Details including Awards & Prizes, Themes, Submission Period, etc. are found on respective information pages each contest
5. HOW TO ENTER: Limit one entry per contest. Entry allowed via contest submission page only unless otherwise stated. To enter, during the Submission Period fill out the entry form found in the Contest section of the Wacom Community website and attach the artwork. Participation in the contest implies agreement to have the entry publicly displayed in the Wacom Community website on the “list of entries” page.
6. SUBMITTED ENTRIES: The Submitted Entry including image and text must be original, unpublished and truthful in all respects; does not infringe or violate any third party rights including but not limited to the rights of copyright, trademark, privacy and publicity; is not infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or regulation – Wacom will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or any court order requesting or directing Wacom to disclose the identity of anyone posting or transmitting any such information or materials. Wacom will not knowingly upload, reserves the right not to upload, and reserves the right to delete any suspect material. Wacom shall not be held liable for violations of laws and regulations governing the material submitted. Wacom will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or any court order requesting or directing Wacom to disclose the identity of anyone posting or transmitting any such information or materials in addition to deleting the materials from public view. Copyright of Submitted Entry shall remain property of Participant, however, Participant grants Sponsor the right to use Submitted Entry as indicated in the Release (article 11). Acknowledgement and return of the Submitted Entry is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
7. Participant: The entry is deemed submitted by the person whose email address appears on the entry form. In case of dispute or ambiguity regarding the identity of owner of the email address, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Submitted Entry.
8. PRIZE: Prizes as indicated on the Contest Information of each contest is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a prize, or prize item cannot be awarded for any reason; in such event, Sponsor will in its sole discretion award a substitute prize or part thereof of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes (including where applicable sales tax) due for his/her awarded Contest prize, as well as all applicable fees and expenses related to the acceptance, award and use of his/her Contest prize. Sponsor will send prizes and provide support to Wacom products only to countries under its management.
9. JUDGING: All eligible entries received will be judged based upon criteria that are the sole discretion of Sponsor. Judging criteria will be laid out in the Contest Information of each specific contest and shall not be open to negotiation. Participants agree to be bound by these rules, that winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements herein, and that the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Contest judges shall be final and binding in all respects.
10. NOTIFICATION: Each potential Winner will be notified (the “Notification”) by email (or other method at the discretion of Sponsor) on or about the date indicated in the Contest Information of each specific contest. The potential Winner may be required at the sole discretion of the Sponsor to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility. The potential Winner is responsible for entering his/her correct email address at the time of submission and prizes may be forfeited if the potential Winner cannot be contacted or his/her identity cannot be verified.
11. RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, Participant agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Wacom Co., Ltd. and subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Contest prize, participation in a Contest prize-related activity, and/or the publication of a Submitted Entry. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, Participant consents to and grants the Sponsor the right to use, in perpetuity, Participant’s entry form information, to photograph/video a Participant and a Participant’s property, to copyright material in which a Submitted Entry is used in part or in whole, and to freely and exclusively use, publish and display a Participant’s statements, quotes, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, biographical information, prize information, text, and Submitted Entry (in part or in whole, as may be adapted, edited or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. However, Sponsor will not participate in the direct sale of any Submitted Entry for profit and will notify and acknowledge Participant at Sponsor’s sole discretion.