NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00:00 AM (PT) ON JULY 8, 2010
AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT) ON AUGUST 8, 2010 (THE “PROMOTION PERIOD”).
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Membership to http://www.deviantart.com (the “Contest Site”) is required to enter the Contest. Membership to http://www.deviantart.com is free. If Entrant is already a registered member, Entrant is not automatically entered into the Contest.
Entrant must be at least 13 years old as of July 8, 2010.
Contest is void where prohibited by law.
Entrant must follow the instructions on the Contest Site and submit the completed entry of a piece of artwork depicting the “place” they envision when they daydream, (the “Work”) inspired by materials from Disney’s “James and the Giant Peach”.
The Work must be submitted in jpg, gif, or png file format but may originate in any visual medium. ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (PT) ON AUGUST 8, 2010.
No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. Entrants may enter as many Works as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed.
- Do not submit original file of the Work. Entries will not be returned. You should retain and store the original file on your own.
- The Work (i) may not have been made commercially available, won any other prize/award, featured as a “Daily Deviation” nor previously submitted to any other contest, (ii) other than with respect to materials drawn from Disney’s “James and the Giant Peach”, the Work must be the exclusive original work of the entrant and made for the Contest, (iii) must be in keeping with the image of the motion picture “James and the Giant Peach”, its creators and distributors, (iv) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, (v) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (vi) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (vii) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights, (viii) may not contain commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than those relating to the motion picture “James and the Giant Peach” and its distributors and (ix) may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Contest Site and/or the proper conduct of the Contest, (x) may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as signatures), and (xi) if found to be in violation of these rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest Site Gallery.
- By submitting Work, Entrant represents that (i) (s)he has the unrestricted right to submit the Work; (ii) all persons whose name, voice or likeness appears in the Work (“Work Participants”) have unconditionally consented in writing to their appearance in the Work and unconditionally granted entrant in writing the right to submit the Work subject to these Official Rules, a copy of which consent and grant will be furnished to the Sponsor upon request; and (iii) the Work does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary or other rights.
- All Works submitted will remain the exclusive property of the Entrant, provided that:
- Entrant will not acquire any ownership or other interest in any of the materials drawn from Disney’s “James and the Giant Peach” nor in any and all trademarks, logos and other intellectual property of the companies involved with Disney’s “James and the Giant Peach” and its Blu-ray™, DVD, or Combo Pack releases (collectively “The Marks”) contained in the Work;
- except as expressly required in these Official Rules, Entrant may not use The Marks or any other materials drawn from Disney’s “James and the Giant Peach” in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Work or otherwise without the relevant owner’s express prior written approval;
- during the Promotion Period, and for a period of one year thereafter, eligible Works may be posted at the Contest Site or otherwise displayed by Sponsor in selections made by Sponsor and in any form and media on or off the deviantART site in connection with promotion of the Contest and/or Sponsor’s business;
- during the ten (10) year period immediately following the Promotion Period (the “Display Period”), the Sponsor may (but will not be obligated to) display prize winning Works in any form and media in connection with the promotion of its businesses;
- the Sponsor may otherwise use prize winning Works in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as the relevant entrant may approve in writing (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned);
- Entrant may not authorize or permit any prize winning Work to be used to promote any product or service of anyone in perpetuity;
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be selected on or about August 13, 2010 from all eligible entries. Twenty-five (25) semi-finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART Staff on the basis of Originality, Creative Interpretation of the Theme, and Technical Skill. The semi-finalists will be posted in advance of final judging. Only one entry per entrant may be chosen as a semi-finalist entry. The winners will be selected by a judging panel consisting of staff from Walt Disney Home Entertainment. The judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event of a tie in any portion of the judging process, the judges themselves will resolve the tie to the appropriate number of semi-finalists or ranked winners as applicable. Judging of the winners will be based on Originality, Creative Interpretation of the Theme, and Technical Skill in whatever degree the judges believe to be appropriate in reaching a decision.
- PRIZES: There will be one (1) 1st Place Prize, one (1) 2nd Place Prize, and one (1) 3rd Place Prize awarded, consisting of the following:
1st Place Prize: $800 USD; (1) copy of “James and the Giant Peach” on Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack; 8,000 deviantART Points; and a one year Premium Membership to deviantART. (Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of 1st Place Prize: $955.)
2nd Place Prize: $600 USD; (1) copy of “James and the Giant Peach” on Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack; 6,000 deviantART Points; and a one year Premium Membership to deviantART. (ARV of 2nd Place Prize: $730)
3rd Place Prize: $400 USD; (1) copy of “James and the Giant Peach” on Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack; 4,000 deviantART Points; and a one year Premium Membership to deviantART. (ARV of 3rd Place Prize: $505.)
Total ARV of all prizes: $2,190. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received and nature of Work. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of entries). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to deviantART members who are at least thirteen (13) years old as of July 8, 2010 except employees and volunteers (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor, Razorfish, Inc, and Disney, Inc. and each of their affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies. There is no charge for deviantART membership.
- VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Potential winners who are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence and their parent or legal guardian will, and other potential winners may, be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit or releases are not returned within 14 days after mailing to potential winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. Winner agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
- GENERAL: This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of California. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor and judges not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing, posting, uploading or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the Contest Site and the winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of their affiliates if the entrant’s fraud or misconduct adversely affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
- CAUTIION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain winner’s list, go to http://www.deviantart.com. Winners list will be available after selection and verification of winners.
- SPONSOR: deviantART, Inc., 7095 Hollywood Blvd., #788, Hollywood, CA 90028.
- QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Go to www.deviantart.com.
© deviantART, Inc. 2010
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.